IMPACT THE OUTCOME
Activate Sports Management is a full-service NIL agency. Founded in 2022 and based in Tempe, Arizona we strive to take a student-athlete first approach to NIL representation. At ASM we pair innovative solutions to help build and manage your reputation with an in the trenches approach that brings in the brands you want to work with.
Securing countless brand deals for male and female athletes with no fee for the majority of our deals, we bring a for more than profit approach to the table. We’re about supporting local businesses in your community, maximizing the value of your name, image, and likeness, and helping tell your story.
Simply put, we’re here to do one thing:
Impact. The. Outcome.
ASM is a full-service NIL agency offering no cost to low-cost services for all student-athletes. Those services include:
- Securing brand deals with local businesses and national brands
- Negotiating the most favorable terms on your behalf
- Maximizing the value of your name, image, and likeness
- Telling your story through marketing and media assistance
- Reporting through your university and compliance office
- Assistance in understanding the NIL landscape for you at other institutions
If you’re a student-athlete looking for help in the NIL space or a business looking to partner with an athlete, drop us your info so we can connect. Click/tap the button to engage with our team.
Founder & CEO
Dr. Samantha Shebib
Frequently Asked Questions
What does it mean to be an Activate Sports Management business or athlete?
By being an Activate Sports Management Partner or Athlete, it means you have verbally expressed your interest in being introduced to one or the other to talk about potential economic opportunities.
What is NIL?
NIL stands for “Name, Image, and Likeness” specifically referring to the use of an athlete’s NIL through marketing and promotional endeavors. Student-athletes at NCAA institutions could begin monetizing their NIL beginning on July 1, 2021.
What are the NCAA rules regarding NIL?
Generally speaking, all NIL activities are permitted, as they follow these four guidelines:
- There must be quid pro quo attached to an NIL deal essentially requiring a student-athlete to do an activity in order to receive compensation.
- That activity cannot be tied to athletic performance such as statistical achievements, wins, or awards.
- That activity cannot be contingent upon the student-athlete committing to the university that the collective supports or tied to enrollment.
- Institutions do not provide compensation in exchange for the use of a student-athlete’s NIL.
NCAA rules also require student-athletes to follow their state law.
Does Arizona have a state law governing NIL?
Yes. It can be found here:
Does Activate Sports Management work with perspective student-athletes?
No. Activate Sports Management only works with current student-athletes and does not engage with potential recruits or transfers.